Addressing a Concern
Course Selection Information
Program of Study
Code of Conduct
PLEASE NOTE: Parking permit sales are closed due to lot capacity. We will leave the link open to use as a waiting list and will contact you if space becomes available. Security will be issuing parking tickets to vehicles without permits. If you have submitted your application prior to October 6th, please email Mrs. Donovan or stop in the office for a status. Students without permits can park in the DYW parking lot.
To receive a parking permit, students must have the following:
- Cleared all obligations including device fees (also 11th grade physical on file with Nurse for SENIORS)
- Presented or scheduled to present their Graduation Project
- Completed online Parking Application form
- Valid Driver’s License, current Vehicle Registration & Insurance - must be presented at time of permit pickup
View a copy of the Parking Map here.
View a copy of the Senior Parking Letter here.
**NOTE: Due to construction, parking spaces on the Downingtown West campus are very limited. For this reason, parking permits will only be issued to Seniors for the 2023-2024 school year. For more information, view a copy of the full Junior Parking Letter here.
Below are a few key items to remember when purchasing a parking permit:
- Have paid the parking fee of $50.00 on their PaySchools account. PAYMENT MUST BE SUBMITTED PRIOR TO PERMIT PICK UP. PAYMENT IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Bring the following items for verification at the time of permit pickup:
- Valid Driver's License
- Current Vehicle Registration
- Current Auto Insurance Card
- Copy of the Parking Rules and Regulations signed by the student and a parent.
- Each student is limited to registering only one vehicle.
- Temporary parking passes are issued only to students who currently possess a parking permit and need to bring a different vehicle on campus. This temporary pass can be obtained by seeing Mrs. Donovan in the Main Office.
- Disregard of parking rules and regulations will result in a $25 parking ticket being issued. Any outstanding tickets will become an obligation.
Please be advised that we have a limited number of spaces available for student parking, therefore permits may not be available later in the school year. Additionally, students are not permitted to park off campus at the baseball fields located on Manor Avenue, at St. Martha’s Villa, or at the local Royal Farms.
All students between the ages of 14 and 17 are required by Pennsylvania School Law to secure an Employment certificate, known as "Working Papers," before they may begin to work. Students, who have reached 18, by state law, do not need working papers.
Please bring a completed copy of the Work Permit Application to the DHS-West Main Office with an original document showing proof of age, such as one of the items listed below. Students must be present to sign the work permit in the presence of the Issuing Officer prior to providing a copy to their employer.
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
- Driver’s license
- Learner’s permit
NOTE: Work Permits during the school year are only available during the hours of 7:30 am - 3:45 pm, Mondays through Fridays. During the summer, Work Permits are only issued during the hours of 8:00 am - 3:00 pm, Mondays through Thursdays.